EYELASH EXTENSION AFTERCARE
Eyelash extensions require very gentle care in order for the lashes to last long and stay in impeccable condition. Once the lashes are attached you must not rub or pull on them. You must not wear any oil based mascara or use Eyelash curlers. You should read and understand all the information listed below, before you get this service done.
- Do not get eyelash extensions saturated in water for 24 hours following the application.
- Do not use a eyelash curler heated or non-heated.
- Do not rub your eyes or lashes when washing your face. Clean around the eyes with a lint-free wash cloth.
- Do not pull your newly applied eyelash extensions it could damage your natural eyelash as well.
- Do not go in a sauna or steam room while wearing eyelash extensions.
- Do not use waterproof mascara or liquid eyeliner. Store bought mascara is oil based and will cause the adhesive to emulsify which could cause irritation.
- Do not try to remove the extensions on your own. Eyelash extensions should always be removed professionally to prevent damage to the natural eyelashes.
- Do not cut the extensions the result will be very unappealing.
- Avoid the base of the extensions when removing eye makeup. Use only oil free makeup remover or micellar water. Or purchase our lash shampoo.
- Try to avoid high intensity workouts for at least 24 hours after getting eyelash extensions applied.
- Remember to come in for fill ins!
Eyelash extensions require very gentle care in order for the lashes to last long and stay in impeccable condition.
What are Eyelash Extensions?
Eyelash Extensions can be synthetic or natural fiber lashes individually attached to your natural eyelash. This service requires skill and precision and should only be performed by a professional. Once applied, these lashes are so natural looking it is difficult to tell even up close that you have extensions on. Different lengths are available for a customized look.
How long do the Eyelashes last?
Depending on how well you care for them and your natural lash cycle, your extensions can last 5-8 weeks. To keep your lashes full and looking great, maintenance appointments, or “fills”, are suggested every 14 to 28 days. These are necessary as your lashes grow out in a continuous cycle of replenishment. Please do not attempt to remove any lashes on your own, seek professional help from your technician. WE WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT YOU MAY CAUSE BY TRYING TO REMOVE THE EYELASH EXTENSIONS ON YOUR OWN.
Do eyelash extensions damage my natural eyelashes?
Absolutely not! The medical grade lash adhesive is formulated to create a solid bond, specifically for human lashes. As long as eyelash extensions are applied safely and correctly, they do not harm the natural lash.
What should I do before the Appointment
Remove all eye makeup and clean your lashes with mild, oil free cleanser. Please do not apply oil based mascara, makeup or removers on your lashes prior to the application. Oppose to spending excessive time cleaning your lashes, we would rather spend time working on perfecting your lash application. If you wear contact lenses, please remove them and wear glasses to your appointment, or bring a lens case and remove them when you arrive at your appointment. Plan to set aside 1-2 hours for your appointment
What happens if a lash should loosen or become dislodged?
Do not pull on the lash. Please contact CouturEye to make an appointment to have them removed or replaced, to avoid damage to your natural eyelash. As your natural eyelashes fall out due to the growth cycle, you will need refills when new eyelashes grow. At first you may find you need a refill every 14 days. As you become accustomed to the extensions and with a little practice maintaining the lashes, the time between refills can be extended to 15 to 28 days.